THE DREAM OF A 1/8 MILE RACE TRACK

A place to talk about things that do not fit into any other forum, only members may post to keep out the SPAM
Flash

Re: THE DREAM OF A 1/8 MILE RACE TRACK

Post by Flash »

I will come up there next season to run something even if it is my Mazda! I just need to find and oxygen mask first ;) That is high! Didn't you say 6100' altitude or so? I can just see the corrected altitude now, Altitude corrected to 15,000 feet :lol: Salt Lake gets bad sometimes. I have seen it at almost 8000 feet sometimes even though we are only actually 4300 ft.
LOL it actually 6600 feet.

even an a bad,bad day, you will get more then 3 runs in ;)
Gordon Have you compared your 660' times from Salt Lake with your drag strip there? I think I would have more fun at your strip. Here at Rocky Mountain you pay $35 bucks and might get in 3 or 4 runs. I really like your setup!
No, i should!
My best time at RMR was 14.17 or something like that. Here it ran 10.11 in the 1/8 . I have knocked it down to a best of 9.68.

Well you got me curious, had to pull out my RMR et slips.
Best RMR 1/8 mile was a 9.21
60' at RMR was 2.1 and at Hypoxia (our track) it a 2.3

Yeah it would be interesting to see what the "adjusted altitude" would be here on a given day.
Who know, it might be 4300 feet........with the pollution factor added in :D
Gordon
jfholm

Post by jfholm »

My cousin took his '70 Camaro out and ran 11.13 at 123 mph (modfied engine) and then they ran the jet cars and it was over. After they run the jets they get the jet fuel (diesel) all over the lanes and then it just goes to heck. As soon as he saw them coming out he just packed up and came home.
Flash

Post by Flash »

Boy do i remember them days :x

My car never had traction problem until a jet eng car was run on the track!
Fun to watch,..... This is the first year that i haven't taken my grandsons down to watch it.

I heard they got a New Track Manager...........But it's not the track manager that"s Wrong with that Track! ;)
Gordon
jfholm

Post by jfholm »

And Gordon that tidbit is "NOT" just between you and me. I think we ALL know that :lol: My cousin said he thinks he may not run out there anymore. My friend is a driving instructor for Miller Motors Sports Park and he told me that they have the land set aside and plans for a National quality drag strip but are not ready to do it yet
Flash

Post by Flash »

Yeah it was a favor to the Young group(aks RMR Raceway) that the planned Drag Strip was not built in the Miller Park.
Now that Larry H is not with us any more........who know what will happen.........

West Valley City has been trying to get rid of RMR clear back in the Bonneville days! .........sooner or later, they will get there way............

I have been out of the loop for some time now.
Is the Miller group making plans to move dirt?
Gordon
jfholm

Post by jfholm »

I haven't heard but I will try and pin my friend down and make him talk! 8-)
Flash

Post by Flash »

:P
Gordon
Flash

Post by Flash »

A few of us got together last sat and had a last of the year test and tune..............
Align front end
Drained excessive lube from rear end(about half a pint)
Gave her a well deserved bath.

Dropped my 60 to a best 2.20 and my et to a 9.55 w/ 8
I'm done beat on it, she's really starting to puff the BLue :cry: in the shut down area.

killed half a sec off my time. never though i would get it down to the mid 9's up here!!!!!
Gordon