What is Daniel doing at the moment

A place to talk about things that do not fit into any other forum, only members may post to keep out the SPAM
Hotz

Re: What is Daniel doing at the moment

Post by Hotz »

Hi Daniel
I remembered your mini shop, Articulable banch :idea:

http://www.buildeazy.com/newplans/wall_bench.html

Hotz 8-)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Sorry my english mistakes.
PTS Parts>> http://www.flowbenchtech.com/store.html
MrHijet

Post by MrHijet »

Over one year silence in this thread, so I assume it would be good to give an update:

The little black car is still sitting in the garage to get completed. I had some approval issues which forced me to give away the rear bumper and enlarge the license plate field. This is quite disappointing as the front and rear bumper are original japanese market parts, which I found in Japan and imported on my own. Modifying them is a bit of blasphemy, but I am forced to :-(

This was the easy part, another issue is even tougher:
My garage colleague left me out in the rain two years ago, so I had to pay the rent of my garages alone. I found two friends (VW drivers) who joined me since some month now, but I officially got the cancelation of my rent as the owner of the ground changed and a large Home-Improvement-store will be build on that place.

It was already hard to reach my garages, as they made ground samples (and drilled into some old tunnels) and moved around deposited cars and so on. Several time the power sources were cutted and just a few days ago, one garage was cracked open and all garage content was moved out of the garage on a pile and they crushed the garage without notice of the owner/renter of the garage.
We called the police to stop this, but it sounds like the new owner does have some war-money for their lawyers to speed up the renters moving out and continue their store building. Officially we would have a deadline of the 31st of December 2011, but I am pretty afraid of the next steps, so I started to get my good stuff out of the garage and deposit it in my home and garden.

It is pretty hard to find a new place to work on cars in my living area, so I am worrying how to find a new place for my 10 engines, car parts, the half-build flowbench and engine crane and so on.

So I am not away, but in the middle of something ...

Cheers,

Daniel
1960FL

Post by 1960FL »

Danial,

I am sorry her of your troubles, I wish you luck in finding a new place to work on your hobbies & projects, I know myself if it were not for the shop i will turn into a very grumpy old man....

Rick
MrHijet

Post by MrHijet »

It's time for an update.

I have a new home, but I had a hard time cleaning up my old garage.

As you can see, a metal scraper had to help me, as the new space is extremely small.
We crushed around 10-12 complete engines, more than 30 cylinder heads plus gear boxes and
ofcourse panel parts of around 5 donor cars. Finally my last donor car moved on top of the truck.

I really had to shrink down to a very minimum stock. Since moving into the new garage (which is
in fact a 1 1/2 size european car garage), I haven't found any time to actually work on anything as
I had a small accident and had plenty of real life work to do.

Now the summer is coming and hopefully I will get back to my little black car and then work on the
flow bench again (yeah! my neverending story).

Cheers,

Daniel
jfholm

Post by jfholm »

Sorry to hear about your set backs Daniel. Hang in there. One of the major functions of this forum is support of all kinds. We are here and thinking of you. Just keep going. You may find it a relief to have "stream lined" your life style. You can now have more concentration on one item.

John
MrHijet

Post by MrHijet »

Thats right, John.

Focussing on lesser things can be very healthy. It's still pretty sad, as the parts are getting rare and I had to scrap them.

Thanks for the kind words,

Daniel
SSR

Post by SSR »

Hopefully it made some good money to help soothe the pain?

I know what it's like, I had to scrap a car last week due to lack of space, made some £££s, but only two days later I needed a part from it. :roll:
Hello stalker!
jfholm

Post by jfholm »

This scenario is heart breaking, but keep in mind it is the true hot rodding spirit. We struggle to have what we do have and it makes us appreciate it all the more. I have a couple of friends that have tons of money and buy everything or pay to have it done. They have huge garages etc. I call them "Shop Rodders" because they buy everything and don't build anything their selfs. They do have some neat stuff but have no appreciation for it and have no real satisfaction in what they have done.
Brucepts
Site Admin

Post by Brucepts »

Seriously??

You posted a "butt crack" picture?? :lol:

I could have used that shelving frame!! Damn!
Bruce

Who . . . me? I stayed at a Holiday in Express . . .
MrHijet

Post by MrHijet »

The shelving frames were brilliant. They were from the old coal mining corp. They were pretty strong and build in good old fashion.
And sorry for the "insert coin here" ... The other pictures I made were even worser ;)

Cheers,

Daniel