Does anyone have a PTS flow bench they want to sell?

Discussion on general flowbench design
gte

Does anyone have a PTS flow bench they want to sell?

Post by gte »

I would like to flow test some things and don't know how soon I could build the bench, while I'm building these automotive items.

I could pickup if within reasonable driving distance of Maryland.

If not, I have searched and didn't find a thread with a simple parts list with approximate pricing as a high level conceptualization for a PTS flow bench, maybe someone has a spreadsheet or the like they could cut and paste here please?

Thanks for reading.
Brucepts
Site Admin

Re: Does anyone have a PTS flow bench they want to sell?

Post by Brucepts »

I don't like to post pricing in replies simply due to any price changes that could occur so this is current as of today but could change in the future:

1 set of PTS Flowbench Plans -$50 or $60 depending on location

This would be the first item you would need to purchase, once you have the plans you can then decide the direction of your build.

PTS Parts for a 600cfm@28" Flowbench if you want to flow less CFM you would use less motors and check valves still recommend 4 orifice plates to cover your range:

40" Digital Manometer - $325
set of 4 orifice plates to cover a range of 0-600cfm@28" - $120 plates are $30 each
Check valves to control motor flow in unused motors while testing, need check valves on each motor that is not being speed controlled - $6 each (typical 600cfm build uses 6)
set of pressure pickups - $30
2 black or white deck plates - $30

2 MTV-5 valves - $50 These swap flow direction of the digital manometer when going from intake to exhaust (optional but nice to have)
2 velocity probes, (intake and exhaust) - $200 (optional)

Solid State Relay Motor Control 75A 220V - $245 Or source a motor control in your area. If you go with a solid state relay control you can control all motor speed and check valves are not required.

Contactor 110 or 220v coil - $20
Fuse block - $12

This would be the parts you would need from me to get your build together, everything else you could source locally.

Motors would be sourced from http://www.centralvacuummotor.com/flowbench.htm

Since you are somewhat local I might be able to have one built for local pickup depending on how soon?
Bruce

Who . . . me? I stayed at a Holiday in Express . . .
1960FL

Post by 1960FL »

Where are you in Maryland and what exactly are you looking for?

you can pm me if you like

Rick
gte

Post by gte »

Thank you Bruce, I appreciate the ball park, I know pricing changes but it is nice to have a rough idea.
Malvin

Post by Malvin »

GTE "
If not, I have searched and didn't find a thread with a simple parts list with approximate pricing

Did you look at 1960FL Flow bench build Its Sweet plus he gives a total of his cost to build but those
prices would be different now. Here is the link to 1960FL flow bench build :) http://www.flowbenchtech.com/forum/view ... ?f=8&t=565
gte

Post by gte »

Bruce,

So I'm at $880 without the motors, wood chassis or plans, as I have the plans, does that sound correct?

$325 - manometer
$120 - 4 orifice plates
$40 - 6 check valves
$30 - pressure pickups
$30 - 2 deck plates
$50 - 2 mtv5 valves
$250 - solid state motor control
$20 - contactor coil
$15 - fuse block

Brucepts wrote:I don't like to post pricing in replies simply due to any price changes that could occur so this is current as of today but could change in the future:

1 set of PTS Flowbench Plans -$50 or $60 depending on location

This would be the first item you would need to purchase, once you have the plans you can then decide the direction of your build.

PTS Parts for a 600cfm@28" Flowbench if you want to flow less CFM you would use less motors and check valves still recommend 4 orifice plates to cover your range:

40" Digital Manometer - $325
set of 4 orifice plates to cover a range of 0-600cfm@28" - $120 plates are $30 each
Check valves to control motor flow in unused motors while testing, need check valves on each motor that is not being speed controlled - $6 each (typical 600cfm build uses 6)
set of pressure pickups - $30
2 black or white deck plates - $30

2 MTV-5 valves - $50 These swap flow direction of the digital manometer when going from intake to exhaust (optional but nice to have)
2 velocity probes, (intake and exhaust) - $200 (optional)

Solid State Relay Motor Control 75A 220V - $245 Or source a motor control in your area. If you go with a solid state relay control you can control all motor speed and check valves are not required.

Contactor 110 or 220v coil - $20
Fuse block - $12

This would be the parts you would need from me to get your build together, everything else you could source locally.

Motors would be sourced from http://www.centralvacuummotor.com/flowbench.htm

Since you are somewhat local I might be able to have one built for local pickup depending on how soon?
gte

Post by gte »

Thank you, that bench is pretty awesome
Malvin wrote:
GTE "
If not, I have searched and didn't find a thread with a simple parts list with approximate pricing

Did you look at 1960FL Flow bench build Its Sweet plus he gives a total of his cost to build but those
prices would be different now. Here is the link to 1960FL flow bench build :) http://www.flowbenchtech.com/forum/view ... ?f=8&t=565
Brucepts
Site Admin

Post by Brucepts »

Drop the check valves if you use the solid state relay for motor control as you run all the motors at the same time and there is no need for check valves.

This is by far the best way to build your flowbench, it adds to the cost but you will have a very professional build when it's done!
Bruce

Who . . . me? I stayed at a Holiday in Express . . .