PTS Digital Manometer and Windows 7

Plan highlights, future thoughts
Brucepts
Site Admin

PTS Digital Manometer and Windows 7

Post by Brucepts »

At the current time the PTS DM Flowsoft does not work with Windows 7, we are working on trying to rectify this issue.
Bruce

Who . . . me? I stayed at a Holiday in Express . . .
jimbo39

Re: PTS Digital Manometer and Windows 7

Post by jimbo39 »

Bruce, Does it work under windows 7 if you use windows xp mode (virtual machine) ?

just curious :)
Brucepts
Site Admin

Re: PTS Digital Manometer and Windows 7

Post by Brucepts »

I should have updated this post sorry about that.

It works with Windows 7 and 8 you just have to make sure it does not install in the (X86) directory which is the default when Windows "sees" the install, you have to force it to install in the root program files directory.

We have had some issues with what we call channel shift on some USB ports this can be fixed by swapping to another USB port in that computer and having it reinstall the driver for that port. Not sure why this happens other than the "bad" USB port driver does not install correctly. My thoughts are that the DM is being plugged in prior to when it's suppose to be and this is messing with the driver install.

The install directions say do not install the DM until all the drivers are loaded

Rick is working on a new install to make this "seamless" as much as we can :)

For those who have had problems I have walked them through the install via email, PM or phone . . .
Bruce

Who . . . me? I stayed at a Holiday in Express . . .