Pictures of where you live or work

A place to talk about things that do not fit into any other forum, only members may post to keep out the SPAM
jfholm

Re: Pictures of where you live or work

Post by jfholm »

I am having a guilt trip. It is 21º here but very foggy. I don't have to shovel fog though. :lol:
haley63042

Post by haley63042 »

We have had -8 to 2 degrees every other night for more than 3 weeks now. Cant even think about working in the garage. Cant wait for spring :cry:
86rocco

Post by 86rocco »

I kind of wish I'd taken some pictures the last few days. I live near the south shore of Lake Ontario and like many other places in eastern North America, we've had a extended period of below normal temperatures. For much of that time it's been mostly northerly wind pushing ice onshore so that the lake near me was covered with ice for as far as the eye can see, yesterday the wind swung around to the south pushing all that ice offshore and today the lake is open water as far as the eye can see. I've witnessed this many times over the years but it still amazes me how quickly the ice conditions can change.
jfholm

Post by jfholm »

This will be happening tomorrow Saturday March 29, 2014 in Spanish Fork Utah just south of me 40 or 50 miles. It is at a Hindu temple that was built there. This happens every year and is getting to be quite a big event. I don't think I will go. ;)

John

haley63042

Post by haley63042 »

I don't know John, I think I could see you out there rideing the wave on top of people, throwing powder in the girl next to you eyes so she cant see who is grabing her. It might be addicting :o
jfholm

Post by jfholm »

haley63042 wrote:I don't know John, I think I could see you out there rideing the wave on top of people, throwing powder in the girl next to you eyes so she cant see who is grabing her. It might be addicting :o
Apparently you have missed our posts about me and a couple of the other guys being 6X tee-shirt size :lol: It would take more than that crowd for me to body surf ;)
jfholm

Post by jfholm »

Epic snow storm in Buffalo New York. They said 76" in 24 hours and more coming. How are you guys back east and Ed in Canada?

John
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
8ad-f85

Post by 8ad-f85 »

We have had -8 to 2 degrees every other night for more than 3 weeks now. Cant even think about working in the garage. Cant wait for spring :cry:
Just wanted to comment on this... near that time last year, we had lows close to -30 for the 3 weeks in MN.
The water main froze, despite being 8' down and the whole town trickling. Record winter around most of the country, I hope we don't have a repeat.
We were thankful to have nearby friends with working showers....Bringing in bottled water was no big deal, snow melt dog and wash water not bad, camping at home for 2 months. We even went to a nearby hotel to "use their pool" for a small fee.
If it weren't for our friends, they might smell us coming!

Crazy about New York!
86rocco

Post by 86rocco »

Not too bad here by comparison only 5 or 6" on the ground here. It was a pretty cool sight here, I'm about 40 miles north west of down town Buffalo, on Monday when they got most of their snow, it was bright and sunny at home in fact, it was clear enough to see the huge clouds forming out over Lake Erie that dumped all that snow on Buffalo.
jfholm

Post by jfholm »

Here are a couple more pictures from that area, WHEW!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.