Pictures of where you live or work

A place to talk about things that do not fit into any other forum, only members may post to keep out the SPAM
86rocco

Re: Pictures of where you live or work

Post by 86rocco »

When I was writing my story, I kept thinking of the old Saturday morning cartoons, remember this one?
CLICK ON THE PICTURE
rocketsled1.jpg
[/url]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1960FL

Post by 1960FL »

Done this more than one :mrgreen:
Letting go is for quitters....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1960FL

Post by 1960FL »

It's kinda funny, my wife won't sit in ANY kind of a hot rod with me. Thinking of trading her in...
Did that,
i found a cagiva mito 125cc frame down the scrapyard ,and after measuring it fitted a 1998 honda 500 twin engine ,and a old t25 turbo off a 2.5 citroen diesel van.
Robert I absolutely love your junk yard stories, it makes me want to grab my girl come to the UK and share 6 or 8 pints with you.....

Rick
8ad-f85

Post by 8ad-f85 »

You guys are awesome! :o :o :o :o :evil: :twisted: :mrgreen: :ugeek:
ivanhoew

Post by ivanhoew »

1960FL wrote:
It's kinda funny, my wife won't sit in ANY kind of a hot rod with me. Thinking of trading her in...
Did that,
i found a cagiva mito 125cc frame down the scrapyard ,and after measuring it fitted a 1998 honda 500 twin engine ,and a old t25 turbo off a 2.5 citroen diesel van.
Robert I absolutely love your junk yard stories, it makes me want to grab my girl come to the UK and share 6 or 8 pints with you.....

Rick
that would be a great event rick , imagine what we would all come up with after a walk round that yard.

the ironic part of that project was ,when i first saw the frame , all i thought was ,hey those forks would work on my turbo honda 400/4 i built when i was 18 ,so i got them to gas cut the headstock off the frame ...

then i realised about a week later what the frame was , and had to make a beam jig to weld the headstock back on !

welding it back on ,was only possible because ,as usual i had no money , but a friend had bought a huge old miller, i think it was, tig welder , that he said was broken ...

i noticed the light on the front was dim and flickering ,and thought hmmmmm , thats not running the right voltage ,,so got the back off , it was about 3ft by 3ft ,and found it was supplied with link's you could change for different voltages ...

switched it to 240 ,and bingo ,a working welder , so to say thank you , he welded my bike for me .did a lovely job .
medusa assembled..first drive
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKMvQQm7Cn4&t=5s
86rocco

Post by 86rocco »

Did a bit of running around today, happened to drive past Niagara Falls so I stopped to take a pic. Winter's my favourite time of year there, the ice formations can be spectacular and it's seldom crowded with tourists.
IMG_20150210_133957.JPG
jfholm

Post by jfholm »

Well Ed here is our winter. Nice now but wait until I need a drink of water in July :lol:
86rocco

Post by 86rocco »

Gotta say, I'm a little envious, John, it's been a while since I've seen my lawn. :roll:
Brucepts
Site Admin

Post by Brucepts »

Ed, how far from Niagara Falls are you? My wife bugs me all the time about going to the Falls and I'm going to have to give in sometime!
Bruce

Who . . . me? I stayed at a Holiday in Express . . .
86rocco

Post by 86rocco »

I'm about 25 miles west of Niagara Falls. If you or your wife are into wine, that's another great reason to come out this way, there are 8 winery within about a mile my house, I can take a walking tour of my neighbourhood and come home blitzed on the free samples.