Pictures of where you live or work

A place to talk about things that do not fit into any other forum, only members may post to keep out the SPAM
200cfm

Re: Pictures of where you live or work

Post by 200cfm »

It was 90 in Richmond here today. Galatic Alignment!
jfholm

Post by jfholm »

yesterday morning 24º and today 61º. Not 90º like your area Tom, but a almost 40º swing.

John
jfholm

Post by jfholm »

April 18th 2011 and raining in Salt Lake City and will turn to snow by this afternoon. We have a snow pack in some areas that is 200% of normal. We have more snow this year than we did in 1983 when we had so much flooding. I though we were "blessed" to not be hit with a natural disaster like almost everywhere else. The weather people say with this hard rain we are having on top of the snow pack will cause some major flooding. Lots of sand bagging going on right now. I think God has a way of humbling the proud. I can hear him now, "John, how long can you tread water?"

It will be interesting.

John
Flash

Post by Flash »

The bear river overflowed its banks last year and was a 1/4 of a mile from finding my house last year.
they said that it was the highest sense 83

Water in the river is vary high already and theres still snow on the ground.
If it get warm FAST.....WERE done for.

I heard on the local radio station today, were to get sand bags!!!!!!!!
I'm keeping that in the back of my mine. ;)
Gordon
jfholm

Post by jfholm »

Gordon,
I was wondering how you were doing up there. I think I would get those sandbags out of the back of my mind and start sandbagging now. ;) We went up Ogden canyon last week and could not believe how full the river was and the rapids, WOW! It was running so hard and fast! I am praying for you man!

John
Flash

Post by Flash »

:D
The water is so high there because there trying to keep echo reservoir at around half full, so it's just running straight through.

The dam is weak and they are doing repairs to it this year(there afraid that a small earth Quake may cause the dam to fail!) Ahh so i have been told...........

Not disclaiming the alarm, if it turns off warm fast, there will be Damage done!

Had water running over the road, just a mile a way from my house last year. They have raised the river banks in a couple vary crucial spot from last year, but if it comes down fast.........this valley will be nothing but water!
Gordon
Flash

Post by Flash »

Just an up date.

I was down to Utah/ Weber State Collage for some schooling today.

The river is reshaping the corners, and in some place's, taking a short cut through farmers fields as we speak.

As far as the river next to my house, it hasn't jumped the embankment.....a......yet!
Gordon
jfholm

Post by jfholm »

My wife and I went driving around the valley today and the Jordan River that runs through the center of the valley from the south end to the north end is as full as you can get. A couple of low places it had gone over the bank and made a really big pond in the field ;)

John
Flash

Post by Flash »

Yup! and it hasn't got warm yet.......its still up^ in them there hill's/mountains :o !
Gordon
jfholm

Post by jfholm »

here is a picture from Utah showing some farm area.

John
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.