Venturi Flow Element?

Anything that does not fit into pitot or conventional orifice flowbench design
1960FL

Re: Venturi Flow Element?

Post by 1960FL »

Before you go giving your retirement to Microsoft take a look at Kingsoft WPS office the Home SMB version is like $79.00 and it supports complex macros and VBA, if you go the Microsoft route I just purchased 10 MS office 2010 Small Business licenses today at $38.00 with download for single computer install 32 or 64 bit.

Rick
HDgyro

Post by HDgyro »

Thanks Rick, but I'm not sure how I feel about using WPS on an internet-connected computer given its sourcing. I certainly wouldn't use the e-mail client. (Then again, MS isn't a warm fuzzy, either.)

Full macro compatibility could become broken at any time for the clones, and I think I can justify MS Office at this point. I expect my "retirement" to still provide some income.
1960FL

Post by 1960FL »

you might also want to look at downloading Visual Studio .net express and just build a C# or VB app that integrates with Excel a lot of good sample code out there and a lot of samples on integration with Arduino so you can automate things.

Rick
HDgyro

Post by HDgyro »

Rick, thanks for that! I'm going to start with water manometers till I know the concept works, but I definitely want to eventually get this thing to export coma-delimited data, and Arduino seems like a good candidate.

If this bench works, it's readings are likely to be repeatable and accurate, but not linear, so It will be tricky to create a scale for a manometer that can be read at a glance.