Outside USA alternative for PTS' Solid State Relay Module

paulo_aa

Re: Outside USA alternative for PTS' Solid State Relay Modul

Post by paulo_aa »

I just am a bit confused...

This boards on the bag are the same from Crydom?
https://www.ebay.com/itm/1-USED-25MW1-6 ... SwX61ZAlLx

I thought they are the Phase Angle control board...

Anyway, for that we can see, you can do a very good money selling all of them on EBay.
Brucepts
Site Admin

Post by Brucepts »

What you see in the bag is the same ones on eBay, they get replaced with a Phase Angle Control board that works in the motor control capacity. I was never able to find any info on the circuit board I remove.

Maybe I need to put them up on eBay and see if anyone wants to buy them.
Bruce

Who . . . me? I stayed at a Holiday in Express . . .
paulo_aa

Post by paulo_aa »

Of course you should put them on EBAY.
It will give you some money back, considering the price people sell them... And considering the amount of them you should have, will be a lot of money.

Hey. I bought, the first motor, an Electrolux 2-stage 220V 1200W radial exhaust motor capable of dealing with air and water (interesting, considering the fact of trying to do some wetflow bench in future.

And bought the motor controller. I will test as soon as the controller get here.

Soon I will open a topic with my project, and post all the items I am buying, the reason and where I find.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1960FL

Post by 1960FL »

i like...

Rick
paulo_aa

Post by paulo_aa »

This link gets to the topic I opened to show my flow bench building:

http://www.flowbenchtech.com/forum/view ... f=8&t=1427

But I will still post in here about the power control module I bought.

I have a question for you guys that know better the PTS project:
- I will have to buy a power contactor to use, as the one Bruce sells in his website store.
Considering my power control (SSR) is for 150A, and that there are the 12V power supply module, a notebook to plug, the PTS DM, a think I will need something as 200A.

I want to know if Bruce's power contactor is 125A as the SSR power control module he sells or if it is a bigger or a smaller value?
Or if there are some options, like... I was thinking that all motors will be connected throught the Power Control Module... If a put a small Power Contactor (of something like 20A) feeding the 220V AC / 12V DC power supply, when the Power Contactor is off, all the system will be safelly off... Am I right?

I was seeing around here in Brazil and a 200A power contactor will be a real fortune. Something like R$1.500,00 (around US$400) !!!!!!!!!!
Brucepts
Site Admin

Post by Brucepts »

For an 8 motor build I sell 75a SSR's, use a 50a contactor, the contactor only has to handle the max load ~45a. The SSR is oversized as I can buy them in any amps 10,25,50,75, 125 for basically the same price.
Bruce

Who . . . me? I stayed at a Holiday in Express . . .
paulo_aa

Post by paulo_aa »

Bruce: the power contactor supplies the 75A SSR plus the 12V font plus th PTS DM plus a plug for laptop.

I am trying to understand what it is not necessary more than 75A?

Sorry if it is a dumb question...
paulo_aa

Post by paulo_aa »

The power regulator (control) module has arrived here this past week.

I did a test, using on of the vacuum motors.

Look: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zyTOsO-7YQ

I still did not used a clamper amper meter, to know how many amps it drains at different levels of the potentiometer, as well as when it is started or turnd off.

The only problem I could see is that, when the potentiometer is set to drive the motor at a very low speed, and I turn power off, at being powered on again it "stall" (is not capable of drive the motor). I still need to figure out if this will cause some major problem, like draining a lot of ampers and putting everything on fire...
Tony

Post by Tony »

paulo_aa wrote:
The only problem I could see is that, when the potentiometer is set to drive the motor at a very low speed, and I turn power off, at being powered on again it "stall" (is not capable of drive the motor). I still need to figure out if this will cause some major problem, like draining a lot of ampers and putting everything on fire...
The motor should start turning at perhaps only 15 volts or something like that (it varies a lot). At that voltage current flow will be absolutely minimal as well. The total power will be so low that there will only be a very slight warming. Its nothing to worry about, and its not a situation that is likely to occur anyway.

The worst situation is to apply full voltage and block almost all of the cooling airflow. And that is exactly how a normal vacuum cleaner operates when flow is blocked by thick carpet. The motors are made to run like that in normal operation, and will have a much easier life in a flow bench, especially when they are speed controlled.
Also known as the infamous "Warpspeed" on some other Forums.
paulo_aa

Post by paulo_aa »

Bruce, I am still trying to figure out how could I use a 50a power contactor, if for 8 motors, at maybe 6.3A, we would need 8 x 6.3 = 50,4A, but when the motors start they pull more current, and with computer, digital manometer, etc, we would have a current draw of more than 63A.

I also need to know wich type of power contactor do you use.
I found that are power contactors for AC1, AC2, AC3, AC4, AC7A, AC7B "running regimes".
And a power contactor for 50A designed for AC3 can not run 50A at AC7A.

I am trying to figure it out, which type to buy...