Newbie saying Hi.

A place to talk about things that do not fit into any other forum, only members may post to keep out the SPAM
Tony

Re: Newbie saying Hi.

Post by Tony »

Many years ago one of my very early flow benches had two test holes, one sucked, the other blew.
No need to reverse the flow through the bench, just move the cylinder head to the other hole.
You need to turn the head around anyway to be able to work on the ports on the opposite side.

Not suggesting its the best way, just something to think about.
I sure simplified things.
Also known as the infamous "Warpspeed" on some other Forums.
bob

Post by bob »

Tony wrote:Many years ago one of my very early flow benches had two test holes, one sucked, the other blew.
No need to reverse the flow through the bench, just move the cylinder head to the other hole.
You need to turn the head around anyway to be able to work on the ports on the opposite side.

Not suggesting its the best way, just something to think about.
I sure simplified things.

Tony,what I was hoping to do was leave a grilled port ( so things dont fall down it) at the back of the bench and have the plenum box under the test port, idea being that the draft caused would remain front to back on the bench whether sucking or blowing and not howling past my ears or legs like a rabid leaf blower.Plenum/test port would be vacuum or pressure without any need for flaps made of wood,getting to the point now where I think I have amassed enough bits to make a start :)

Bob
Tony

Post by Tony »

This sounds like its going to be a really interesting project.
Keep us in the loop Bob.
Also known as the infamous "Warpspeed" on some other Forums.