Newbie saying Hi.

A place to talk about things that do not fit into any other forum, only members may post to keep out the SPAM
Tony

Re: Newbie saying Hi.

Post by Tony »

O/k fine Bob, should be possible to make a big muffler for the return air.
Also known as the infamous "Warpspeed" on some other Forums.
bob

Post by bob »

Tony wrote:O/k fine Bob, should be possible to make a big muffler for the return air.
Tony I have been looking at all sorts of different fans but keep coming back to that monster,the only thing that concerns me with it is getting hold of a speed controller for it or finding out it cant be used with one.

Bob
Tony

Post by Tony »

If it has a thee phase motor, a variable frequency drive is the perfect solution.
the three blue wires in the picture are highly suggestive.

If its a single phase motor, forget about any speed control, its just not possible.
bob

Post by bob »

Tony wrote:If it has a thee phase motor, a variable frequency drive is the perfect solution.
the three blue wires in the picture are highly suggestive.

If its a single phase motor, forget about any speed control, its just not possible.
Its definitely three phase Tony. I think I am on the brink of doing a deal on this unit, it works out less than a quarter of the cost off buying hoover vac motors. Just need to be sure its the right thing for the job.
From the ad

“COLLECT IN PERSON OR I CAN POST THIS TO YOU AT EXTRA COST ? ? 3 PHASE - BECKER VACUUM PUMP / VENTILATION FAN - ( TYPE G160 A ) - 400 VOLTS - 0.2 AMPS - SPEED 1350 RPM - POWER 80 WATTS - AIR PRESSURE 50 Pa - CAPACITY 1300 M3 / H - MADE 2010 - MADE BY DIETZ - 4 INCH / 100 mm INLET + OUTLET -. THE PUMP IS MADE BY BECKER IN 2011 - TYPE SV 5-690 / 1 - 01 - SPEED 2900 TO 3300 POWER REQUIRED 11 TO 13.2 Kw INLET CAPACITY 690 / 900 - M3 / H -PRESSURE 410 / 395 M BAR - VACUUM 285 / 320 M BAR - IN VERY GOOD ORDER - READ THE BOTTOM DESCRIPTION FOR FULL DETAILS ?”

Tag

https://app.photobucket.com/u/mypickys/ ... cf865e9438
Tony

Post by Tony »

400 VOLTS - 0.2 AMPS - SPEED 1350 RPM - POWER 80 WATTS
Bob, is that right ?
That is tiny, less than one vacuum cleaner motor.
I hope you are bidding on both pumps and not just the first one.

You will also need a 15Hp to 20Hp variable frequency drive to run it, which will not be cheap even secondhand.
bob

Post by bob »

Tony wrote:
400 VOLTS - 0.2 AMPS - SPEED 1350 RPM - POWER 80 WATTS
Bob, is that right ?
That is tiny, less than one vacuum cleaner motor.
I hope you are bidding on both pumps and not just the first one.

You will also need a 15Hp to 20Hp variable frequency drive to run it, which will not be cheap even secondhand.
Sorry Tony, that last picture was of the plate off the separate cooling fan which cools the main motor.

This is the plate off the big motor.

https://app.photobucket.com/u/mypickys/ ... 2f854825f9
bob

Post by bob »

Cost of wiring in and the speed controller is more than the vac unit, as its outside I was wondering if it wouldn't be easier/cheaper to junk the electric motor and direct drive the vac pump with a small kubota diesel engine, use the throttle to regulate speed/airflow.

Bob
Tony

Post by Tony »

I really have no idea Bob.
bob

Post by bob »

After taking onboard Tony`s comments and doing a bit more research it would seem a bit easier to go for a couple of smaller 5.5kw side channel blowers, speed controllers for these seem far more reasonable at about £120 each and it would appear there is space for two inside under the bench These units make about 250cfm and 300kpa each. The vacuum side of things seems a bit excessive at 1200 inches, not sure if this matters

One turned up the other day
IMG_3944.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
bob

Post by bob »

Second motor has turned up, now need to give the plumbing some consideration.
IMG_3982.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.