Nice Rides with any number of wheels or even no wheels ;-)

A place to talk about things that do not fit into any other forum, only members may post to keep out the SPAM
jfholm

Re: Nice Rides with any number of wheels or even no wheels ;

Post by jfholm »

Cool! I rebuilt a TVE for a friend. His had the Triumph TR6 engine. Another friend has a bright orange one - I'll see if I can post some photos of it
jfholm

Post by jfholm »

I ran into this today in my email. New top fuel motorcyle record for the whole world from Sweden.

larrycavan

Post by larrycavan »

I just bought a new ride. Old bike is on it's way to Australia.

Grandson likes the new ride a lot...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Larry C

http://www.cavanaughracing.com
larrycavan

Post by larrycavan »

SSR wrote:Twin airbags too. ;)
:lol: Looked like they were almost crushing her during acceleration
Larry C

http://www.cavanaughracing.com
hdwgfx

Post by hdwgfx »

LEFT SIDE STORY
English Ver

Thanks,
david
Faith/Desire/Tenacity NOTW
hdwgfx

Post by hdwgfx »

World's Fastest V8 - Demonic
347ci, 2077 HP, 462 MPH: the World's Fastest Piston Engine in a Car is a small-block Chevy.
By Marlan Davis, Photography by Wes AlIison

Hot Rod Magazine, April, 2012

Hdrp 1204 Worlds Fastest Piston Engine Demonic 002
speed-demon.jpg
dartblock-heads.jpg
hdrp-1204-worlds-fastest-piston-engine-demonic-22.jpg

Historically, the world's fastest piston engine–powered, wheel-driven, ground vehicles have been the province of hulking, supercharged Hemi dinosaurs. No longer. That distinction now belongs to small-block Chevys built by Ken Duttweiler. Based on a Dart block and Dart Little Chief splay-valve heads, his twin-turbo, 300ci and 347ci engines pound out more than 2,000 hp on methanol. Both mills make nearly the same power and have a 4.125-inch bore, with stroke length accounting for the displacement differences: 2.80 inches for the 300 (actually, a 299); 3.25 inches for the slightly torquier 347. The 347 propelled the 4,200-pound George Poteet & Ron Main Speed Demon Bonneville Blown Fuel Streamliner to a 457-mph one-way, flying-mile speed and a 462-mph trap speed at last fall's FIA Bonneville meet. Driven by Poteet, the car also holds the SCTA Bonneville D/ BFS record at 404.562 mph with the 300ci mill, as well as the C/ BFS record of 390.709 mph using the 347. Speed Demon has won HOT ROD's Top Time trophy--awarded for Speed Week's fastest single pass--three years running (416 mph in 2011). Last year, driveline problems (not the engine) kept it from shattering Tom Burkland's 417-mph SCTA piston-engine '04 record set in a four-wheel-drive Streamliner powered by two Hemi engines. Why not take the seemingly easy way out and rely on megacubes like everyone else? Several reasons, according to Duttweiler: "Speed Demon was originally built to house a four-cylinder, so a big-block won't t. But even if it did, we make more than enough power with the 300 or 347 to get the job done. With current technology, the problem is no longer making enough power--it's getting all that power to hook up. A big-block simply makes too much torque--we don't need it!" In fact, one of the keys to the car's success--besides the engine--is the very close integration between the Liberty vespeed clutchless trans, the trick Wisemann rearend, and the MoTeC drivetrain (not just engine) management system that actually provides a form of traction control. Even so, "we still can't run full boost until the car hits 370 mph," Duttweiler says. For 2012, the plan is further engine valvetrain development plus driveline enhancements that should propel the car in excess of 470 mph. "I feel the package has 300 to 400 more horsepower potential. Our ultimate goal is 500 mph," Duttweiler says. fiat's competitive with today's Unlimited Reno piston-engine aircra.. racers!

Read more:
http://www.hotrod.com/techarticles/hrdp ... z25zTdp8Gu

http://www.enginelabs.com/features/vide ... ngine-car/
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Thanks,
david
Flash

Post by Flash »

Do you know what happens when you cross a Nitro Harley, with a Drag Snowmobile?.......................

Two guys at are local track, that are die hard snowmachine races aka Drag Sleds, came up with this consept. they have been working on it for the last 2 year, and finaly was able to test it, at our last race of the season last.

I wish i had some video of it but i don't. Here is some pic's of it.
They call it, "THE SLICKMOBILE" !

The SlickMobile has the smallest of 3 motors, that will be going into it. And with only 4 pass on it, it is 2 tenth quicker in the 1/8 mile then the original sled, with the 2nt stag motor, that was in the 12 to 1600cc. His best run was in the 5.76 sec 1/8 mile run.
Gordon
hdwgfx

Post by hdwgfx »

Thanks,
david
coulterracn

Post by coulterracn »

It's that time again this year, a whole week of 'cruzin the coast'
http://s280.photobucket.com/albums/kk17 ... in%202012/
My Flowbench is better than their's
jfholm

Post by jfholm »

coulterracn wrote:It's that time again this year, a whole week of 'cruzin the coast'
http://s280.photobucket.com/albums/kk17 ... in%202012/
Great pictures Ray! Just goes to show why one needs a 100 car garage :D

John