Nice Rides with any number of wheels or even no wheels ;-)

A place to talk about things that do not fit into any other forum, only members may post to keep out the SPAM
jfholm

Re: Nice Rides with any number of wheels or even no wheels ;

Post by jfholm »

Hey look at these diesel dragsters. I think they are cool! Smokey but cool! Triple turbo charged and the psi in the triple digit range

coulterracn

Post by coulterracn »

A friend of mine posted this photo of their cars at Shiloh Park while on the Model A & T tour thru Tennesse.

My Flowbench is better than their's
jfholm

Post by jfholm »

I really did not want to put this under "nice rides" but I will let you be the judge. They say it is painted but it looks more plated gold to me than painted.

http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2012/11/ ... p=features
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Darcy R

Post by Darcy R »

Now the perfect picture of that would have been the owner with a big smile full of gold teeth!

Is that Bruce's ride?
86rocco

Post by 86rocco »

jfholm wrote:I really did not want to put this under "nice rides"
Nice is sort of a subjective term, maybe we should change the title to "nice, interesting or unusual rides"
jfholm

Post by jfholm »

86rocco wrote:
jfholm wrote:I really did not want to put this under "nice rides"
Nice is sort of a subjective term, maybe we should change the title to "nice, interesting or unusual rides"
Ed,
We should also add a sub title "just because you can, does not me you should" :D
hdwgfx

Post by hdwgfx »

lollololololl
Thanks,
david
Faith/Desire/Tenacity NOTW
slracer

Post by slracer »

Just getting caught up reading and saw the Speed Demon writeup. I will admit that it is a very impressive car, but there is a Triumph GT6 that impresses me more. At the World Finals in October, the GT ran a 380.006 qualifier (no, that is NOT a misprint - 380+ for a door slammer!)! He had a problem on the record run so shut it down early. He then recycled the computer while coasting and at the 1 mile marker restarted and only went 348 in the 4 mile run (for a 2-way average of 364+)!!!

Obviously it was not a stock GT6, but it was running a "C" motor and is front wheel drive (which explains the rather tall front fenders). A "C" motor is 306 to 372 CI so there may be some more left in the little pony. There are a couple of YouTube videos of the 2011 runs which were the first 300+ for a Modified Sports class entry. Google "Copeland GT6" for those.

Doug
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jfholm

Post by jfholm »

Hi Doug and thanks!
I love the Salt. I found the links for the videos and they are good. What amazes me is how you have to be on and off the throttle. You cannot just stab it and go.

hdwgfx

Post by hdwgfx »

http://www.blacksaltracing.com/

Mark Hanson the owner of StrangeFab MetalCrafts produced the car. The top has been chopped 5 inches. It has been modified per the rules from the cowl forward and stretched to a 130 inch wheel base. The chassis and suspension is all custom fabricated. It is a Brodix (Chevy) block and heads, V-8, 360 cu/in. Twin turbo charged with ice water intercooling. Boost is variable up to 30 psi. The engine is from Moran Motorsports.
Thanks,
david
Faith/Desire/Tenacity NOTW