The Wall of Shame.......Has come down

Discussion on general flowbench design
Flash

Re: The Wall of Shame.......Has come down

Post by Flash »

just a quick update.

My gauges have been re-worked again.

I have Rays 20" u-tube filled with red colored water in it (the standard to compare the rest with)
I have a incline the has MMO in it. i changed the 3/16 "ID" hose with 5/16 clear vinyl

I have a 48 inch vertical w/reservoir fill with Dot 5 Brake fluid, now with 5//16 hose also.

And and another 48" vertical w/reservoir filled with MMO but keeping the 3/16 clear hose.

Been chasing some kind of bug and it got the best of me today, so today was a total waste :x
Have so much to do on this project to make and prove everything to be accurate. mean while my head just set and my goal of being done by memorial day race leaves me even less time.
The good thing is that I'm feeling much better tonight.

By the way..........just how much is AKA Gauge Oil?????

I just Bought a Quart of Dot 5 oil for $26.98!!!!!! MMO is like 3 bucks for a Quart................
Gordon
coulterracn

Post by coulterracn »

Flash wrote:By the way..........just how much is AKA Gauge Oil?????

I just Bought a Quart of Dot 5 oil for $26.98!!!!!! MMO is like 3 bucks for a Quart................
Grainger has the gage oil, $11 plus shipping for a 4 or 6 ounce bottle the same size that came with your U-tube manometer.

Ray
My Flowbench is better than their's
Flash

Post by Flash »

WOW :o

OK, $27 for a Quart of Dot 5 is not so bad then :lol:
Gordon
Flash

Post by Flash »

OK tests are done!
dot 5 and mmo are just to slow!!!!!
Here's a little video from my camera. not vary clear but you will get the idea just click on the picture and it will play.

Maybe if i when with a much larger vinyl hose it would work better.....I don't know, but the garage will stay above 32* from the most part from here on out.
so in less some one can convince me of a new plan.........Back to water gauges i go.......
Gordon
Brucepts
Site Admin

Post by Brucepts »

psssst . . . . digital . . . . go digital . . . . ;)
Bruce

Who . . . me? I stayed at a Holiday in Express . . .
Flash

Post by Flash »

Been thinking about these mmo/Dot 5 gauges, some more.

I have Bruce's hose fitting in my bench, and I'm thinking of drilling them out to a larger side. Bruce do you have some more, when i mess these up!!! :D

It really will be a pain in the butt to replace them as they are glued in place, and in a bad place to reach from, through my port holes in the bench.

With the MMO, in my incline, it eliminates all the turbulence in the guage....Even when I'm at .600 lift(were my heads have a lot of turbulence!) which causes me to think that the hole is way to small for the aka oil gauges........

What do you guys thing!!!

P.S. Yes i hope to have your set up by this next winter, but it would be nice if i could find an answer or a way to make this work.
Gordon
Flash

Post by Flash »

Has any one heard of Glycol .....not Ethelyn Glycol (aka ant-freeze) just Glycol

apperantly it some what"non toxic" any one heard of this stuff??

My buddy was going to bring me some over to try for the week end, but got callled out of town before i could get it from him.
Gordon
86rocco

Post by 86rocco »

I'm pretty sure the glycol you're referring to is propylene glycol, it's commonly used as plumbing/RV antifreeze, it's not exactly what I would call non-toxic but it's a LOT more so than ethylene glycol.
Flash

Post by Flash »

Hmmm Yeah that stuff is aka RV safe........Had not thought of that kind of anti-freeze.

I have a 50/50 mix of automotive anti freeze that i will be comparing to straight water, to night.
I need to give up and put water in my gauges and get to porting........just not quite ready to call it a lost and chalk it up to experience.

RV anti freeze.......thing i will give that a test tomorrow........should be able to find some...........
Thanks for the input,
86rocco

Any one know where i could find a "inexpensive" pacific(?) gravity tester.
Gordon
jfholm

Post by jfholm »

a hand battery tester is a specific gravity tester although I cannot remember what range it measures. Antifreeze and water is close to the specific gravity of 1.00 if I remember correctly. Correct me if I am wrong somebody?

John