Public Alerts and Warnings!

A place to talk about things that do not fit into any other forum, only members may post to keep out the SPAM
Flash

Re: Public Alerts and Warnings!

Post by Flash »

when you say "Not the faint of hart", what do you mean.......a computer ediot like my self? :D
Gordon
1960FL

Post by 1960FL »

Don't put words in my mouth Flash :-0.... Just saying if you are not comfortable with things that could make your Puter take a long nap then ask for help. The issue is that most of these types of Living Viruses (Trojans, worms, Bots) all work to try and disable or stop antivirus tools and system utilities from cleaning them up or stopping them. You also have the issue that most of these will replaced specific system files with ones of there own meant to reinfect the computer on each startup or application run. John may have some sites he feels are safe and effective he does this stuff for an ISP. Me I just do it for for my business supporting 35 women between 6 offices and when the email subject say’s “Free Shoes” I’m usually busy for several days as this is the best email virus subject tag ever (they will always open this one).

So if John does not have good links go here http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/combofi ... e-combofix

Download combofix and follow the instructions I will warn you now Back everything up and make sure you have your OS Disk (XP, Vista, Win7) on hand before you do anything also manually download the most recent service pack I/E XP SP3 if running XP (save this to your desktop. Remember these viruses often infect SYSTEM FILES and when the cleanup happens these files are removed, thus you will no longer be infected (We Hope) but your system may not run right as it will not have all the proper files to run. What I have found to resolve this is if the computer will run in safe mode after cleaning I will manually reinstall SP3 then reboot to normal mode if all is well on to running windows update.

Good luck

Rick.
jfholm

Post by jfholm »

1960FL wrote: Me I just do it for for my business supporting 35 women between 6 offices and when the email subject say’s “Free Shoes” I’m usually busy for several days as this is the best email virus subject tag ever (they will always open this one).

Rick.
LMAO as this is so true! You must know my 84 year old mother Rick :lol:

I totally agree with Rick. I have worked Days on end to get my Mother's computer back and save all of her scanned photos!

John (this time of year I go by "Round John Virgin")
Flash

Post by Flash »

Yup it over my head :?

Sounds like if it's that bad i will have to pay someone to do it for me :(
Me I just do it for for my business supporting 35 women between 6 offices and when the email subject say’s “Free Shoes” I’m usually busy for several days as this is the best email virus subject tag ever (they will always open this one).
When i read that part, i just about fell of my chair! :lol: :mrgreen: :| :lol:
Gordon
jfholm

Post by jfholm »

My friend had this extension cord coiled under his couch. He said they smelled something burning and found this. Nothing was sitting on it to damage it or anything yet it melted and almost caught fire. Before I say why I think it melted what say you guys?

John
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
SSR

Post by SSR »

Because it was still coiled up and he was pulling quite a bit of current through it, if it had been straightened out it wouldn't have done that.

What was he powering, a flow bench?!
Hello stalker!
Tony

Post by Tony »

Never mind guys, after the big EMP attack, nothing electrical will work anymore.

Back to using a bicycle and burning candles.
Also known as the infamous "Warpspeed" on some other Forums.
jfholm

Post by jfholm »

SSR wrote:Because it was still coiled up and he was pulling quite a bit of current through it, if it had been straightened out it wouldn't have done that.

What was he powering, a flow bench?!
That was my guess and warning to them. It was under their couch in the living room so I do not know what it was powering.

I agree with Tony that the big EMP attack is coming anyway. Get to flowing now while we still have power :lol:
jfholm

Post by jfholm »

I knew drinking soda pop was bad for me but I had no idea how bad. Read this attached article and you may stick to water immediately! :shock:

John
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jfholm

Post by jfholm »

I found this exchange quite revealing to me. The IRS, EPA etc are being used to control the public.