About us seniors

A place to talk about things that do not fit into any other forum, only members may post to keep out the SPAM
jfholm

Re: About us seniors

Post by jfholm »

That was a great video Malvin and I went on and found the rest of the eliminations. I love old gassers
jfholm

Post by jfholm »

Well about us seniors! We went to St. George Utah for a week. Just north of the Arizona border in SW corner of Utah. Very nice. It rained Wednesday morning for a little while but the rest of the week was severe clear and sunny. Lots of red rock around the area. Always clean nice air. The Salt Lake Valley always has 2 - 3 months of extreme inversion and our air quality is worse than LA. Been said the worst in the nation and it is really hard on me. This last trip we looked at houses and have decided if we can sell this house in Midvale we are going to build a new house in St. George area. It means we need to get hot right away so it looks like our trip back east is off for this year, :cry:

Elevation at my current house is 4400 feet and the new house would be around 2700 feet or less.

So I won't make it this year to see you guys back there.

the attached photo was taken Thursday Feb 21st. You can see how nice it was there. If we can get the house built this will be the view from my living room. If we can get this house sold we will be able to live there in a brand new house cheaper than I am living here in Midvale. Much lower utilities etc.
John
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Malvin

Post by Malvin »

That looks like a really nice View John

The air quality at your present house must be
really bad.

I do know that since they finished I 99 I can smell the diesel fumes
a lot now.

Wish you the best & hope it all works out for you John
jfholm

Post by jfholm »

Well if it doesn't work out so be it. I and my wife would really like to get where the air is clean and it is warmer. One of my other friends said "but it gets so hot there, what will you do then?" I said stay inside just like we do when it gets so cold here :lol:
1960FL

Post by 1960FL »

John,

I truly hope this works out for you and your wife, a little change in the retirement years is a good thing, besides moving to a neighborhood where you can test our drag car right on your street is just awesome. I saw that straight flat road and two things came to mind, Friday night street racing and what a place to practice wheelies :D

Best of luck to you on this endeavor, .

Rick
Malvin

Post by Malvin »

John can you tell us what mountain that is that your going to have a view
of from your living room window ??
Rick wrote
Friday night street racing and what a place to practice wheelie

I can see the news paper head lines We are on the look out for one Jfholm
for doing wheelies in his Mini Copper Beware he is armed with his PTS Flow Bench! In the Area of St. George Utah!! :D Hope you can get a little smile from that John!! :D
jfholm

Post by jfholm »

I tried to find the name on a topographical map but it has no name. It just said part of the St. George mountains. I guess I'll have to name it. :lol: The peak at the top is 3400' so they are not really high. Where I took the picture is probably around 2600' or so. If you like red rock this is the area to be.
jfholm

Post by jfholm »

Here are some more photos from the area, I do not know if I have already posted some of these from last year or not.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Malvin

Post by Malvin »

Very nice pictures John

I see a motor home in the picture some nice looking houses too :)

One of these days I will take a picture & post it of the view I look at every morning when I make a pot of coffee. :)
Tony

Post by Tony »

John, those pictures look very similar to outback Australia, very similar colours and type of country.
Also known as the infamous "Warpspeed" on some other Forums.