Need to give everyone and update

Discussion on general flowbench design
Brucepts
Site Admin

Re: Need to give everyone and update

Post by Brucepts »

Yes, you are so correct!

I have always valued my forum members and customer's as friends and I can say this, they have truly shown this in my time of need!!

Not just now but in past experience and not just myself they have bonded with each other outside the confines of this forum and some have developed real friendships all over the world!

This forum has drawn so many people close over the years!

I have been blessed with knowing you all :D
Bruce

Who . . . me? I stayed at a Holiday in Express . . .
200cfm

Post by 200cfm »

It's going to be ok Bruce. Your customers will understand and be there for you. Good stuff is worth waiting for. :D It's the patience in waiting for the body to heal that is tuff. Been flowing the FlowSoft every day since last Friday. Working great. (tom c)
Brucepts
Site Admin

Post by Brucepts »

Well have power again, got repaired last evening, we went over last night to check everything out, heater was not working so I need to call the repair guy on that one.

Think the control transformer got fried while it was only getting partial voltage. No reset nor did it show a green on led.

So that being said I will be back in my own bed again this evening to continue my recovery . . .
Bruce

Forced_Firebird

Post by Forced_Firebird »

Get well soon. Saw your post at ST and thought I would drop by.

-John
"Light travels faster than sound; that's why someone might look bright until they speak." Quote from Pocket-Rocket

-Johnny
Brucepts
Site Admin

Post by Brucepts »

Had a Doc/Surgeon visit on Friday for my follow-up and Doc was quite pleased with my progress. He discussed my surgery and what he thought was going to be 1 hour actually took him 4 to complete! He told me the nerve root that branches off to my left leg was "smashed" (his word) he had to pick through each nerve and try and find it's mate so they could be spliced back together to mend.

Personally I can't imaging doing that, kinda like a wire bundle and picking out wires and splicing them but without a color code!!!! :o

Feels like he got them all to the right places, still have a sharp pain in my ankle region that with any luck will go away or just be there the rest of my life. He put me on some new drugs and took me off the Oxicodine stuff which personally I can't imagine how anyone in their right mind would take that crap to get high??? First off you can't crap/poop/shit for days at a time using that stuff!!! Who would want to be constipated all the time???

Walking/standing is going much better and will improve daily I am sure.

Anyways that's my health update . . . .
Bruce

jfholm

Post by jfholm »

Bruce,
You have to remember that most of the druggies spend all their money on drugs so they don't eat so they don't need to crap! ;)

John
stef-1

Post by stef-1 »

Wow glad you got your back fixed up. Hope you have a successful recovery :) .
Brucepts
Site Admin

Post by Brucepts »

A little health update:

I'm back up and walking(?) without a walker or cane, my left leg has had nerve damage and I have pain at odd times mostly early morning 2-4am and i have to get up. I have gained all my feeling back to everything except my big toe so I kinda walk like a drunk sometimes as my balance is off. I can not lift my leg to the left nor lift my foot backwards. All in all I think I faired out pretty well so far in my recovery. Standing for long times does not go well as does bending over, I get cramps in my thigh and calf really fast!

I start physical therapy today and my therapist is going to be my niece who has a masters and works in her Father-in-law's business so I'm sure she will "work me". She wants to get me in the pool for aqua therapy but that has to wait for 6 weeks after surgery.

So that's where I am at right now, been able to get down in the shop some but the frustration level gets high pretty fast as I can't do anything!

Oh forgot to add I also lost 20lbs!
Bruce

Tony

Post by Tony »

It sounds like it is all coming back together very well Bruce.
Just be a patient patient, and let nature take its course.
Also known as the infamous "Warpspeed" on some other Forums.
91daytona

Post by 91daytona »

Great to hear that you are doing better Bruce but as others have mentioned listen to your doctors and take your time with your recovery. I don't know if you are a hunter or not but if you do go watch your footing. Those slips, trips, and falls are killers on your recovery. Enjoy the holidays and keep up the great work. Thanks again for all the help over the past years. John C.