Guess the car!

A place to talk about things that do not fit into any other forum, only members may post to keep out the SPAM
Brucepts
Site Admin

Re: Guess the car!

Post by Brucepts »

slracer wrote:It's 2 years later and no one has pointed out it is a "Caballero"? Hmmm! I thought you guys were gearheads! Oh, maybe that's it, a caballero is a "gentleman" which leaves you (US) out! -- Doug (yeah, I'm back!)

PS - Send the prize to Bruce!
Doug?? Long lost Doug??

WELCOME BACK!! We missed you!
Bruce

Who . . . me? I stayed at a Holiday in Express . . .
slracer

Post by slracer »

Hi Bruce, Rick, Tony, Larry C, John H et al! It's a really long story, but I am trying to get things done once again after accomplishing almost nothing in the last 2 years. A number of small medical issues (following the non-attack cardio "event" 2 years ago) for both my wife and me ended up with a move from Alto, NM to Scottsdale, AZ where we are minutes from excellent Drs versus hours from good (and not so good) ones. We still own the NM house (making 2 mortgage payments) and I cannot replace my shop until it sells so it's back to part of a garage. At least I have all of the 3rd car space now! ( ;>)) My "dark side" bench is still in NM but I have been planning more improvements for it, and I recently (2 weeks ago) acquired a Go-Power DY-7D dyno (in a few boxes). At least one document says there were 2 versions of the -7D which seem to use most of the same hardware (except the readout gauge): a 15HP version and one capable of 35HP. I've got the smaller one, but am planning on upgrading it. I'll start a thread in the dyno area and post some pics and PDF's (along with the required questions). I've been lurking here for a couple of weeks and see that not too much has changed except some of the names (to protect the innocent?) so hope I can get back in the groove and contribute! --- Doug "But it's a dry heat!" Robinson
jfholm

Post by jfholm »

slracer wrote: --- Doug "But it's a dry heat!" Robinson
All the better for prickly rash ;-)
slracer

Post by slracer »

OK, I have never heard of a Sprint before, much less seen one (in real or pictures). Today, I was driving past an old car sales lot near Quartzsite, AZ (on I-10 near the CA border) and decided to stop and look around. You know what is coming now don't you? Yeah, there was a GMC Sprint over in one corner. Not in the best of shape, but the body was straight! The price on the window was really old but legible at $6400. Other interesting (to me) vehicles included an Edsel station wagon (and a couple of sedans), a '59 El Camino (the Chevy version with the really big fins), and a '64 Caddy Model 62 sedan converted to a pickup. There was also a Volvo P1800 sitting near the entrance and lots of "middle-aged" pickups. If you ever get to this neighborhood, check it out. == Doug
jfholm

Post by jfholm »

Guess this one. My friend Terry Richards owns it. There are only 100 of them and I do not think they all exist still. We need the year and make and model.

John
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Darcy R

Post by Darcy R »

1955 Buick Wildcat 3
jfholm

Post by jfholm »

It is a Buick, you are off one year. It is a 1954. Now just guess the model.
haley63042

Post by haley63042 »

John, could that be a Riv?
Darcy R

Post by Darcy R »

1954 Buick Skylark
...yes, i do love old Buicks... and have never seen one of these in person.
haley63042

Post by haley63042 »

Not a car but a interesting engine set up. I stoped at the battleship outside out side of Mobil Al. Went into the the air hanger and there was a jet with the starter cart. Can anyone guess the starter moters?