Racing simulator?

A place to talk about things that do not fit into any other forum, only members may post to keep out the SPAM
1960FL

Re: Racing simulator?

Post by 1960FL »

HMMMMMMMMMM! Have cleaned up the shop? :lol: This is some real important stuff.
Hotz

Post by Hotz »

1960FL wrote:HMMMMMMMMMM! Have cleaned up the shop? :lol: This is some real important stuff.

its amazing observation :roll: :P :D :lol: :lol: :lol:
Sorry my english mistakes.
PTS Parts>> http://www.flowbenchtech.com/store.html
jfholm

Post by jfholm »

1960FL wrote:HMMMMMMMMMM! Have cleaned up the shop? :lol: This is some real important stuff.
Garage heck, that is the new pit area! :D You just need a 60" big screen there now!

btw I just bought Live for Speed and it is really a nice program. Has excellent physics and feels really good. Even just mouse driving it is good. I will hook my wheel up tomorrow. It is a Microsoft Sidewinder Force Feed back. Does not look as nice as Brice's setup. Bruce what kind of wheel and pedals do you have and where did you get them? Is it a force feed back unit?

John
Tony

Post by Tony »

I just sit in the bath, with my pretend steering wheel, and make Vroooommmm Vrooooommmm noises.
Also known as the infamous "Warpspeed" on some other Forums.
Brucepts
Site Admin

Post by Brucepts »

Tony wrote:I just sit in the bath, with my pretend steering wheel, and make Vroooommmm Vrooooommmm noises.
As long as the "exhaust" doesn't bubble!!! :o

I purchased a G27 control which has force feedback, figured if I was spending money I'd get a good one right aways, price was around $300 shipped to my place from Amazon (Best Buy runs a deal online for $150 every-now-and-then, but it gets sold out fast) I got tired of waiting for a deal, seat came from Craigslist for $50. I picked up a 25" Hanns-G monitor for a steal on Newegg.com last week. The computer was a Craigslist buy from some guy who was upgrading his gaming system. It runs good if you are driving alone or with one or two AI drivers. I'll need to upgrade the motherboard and graphics card to something faster at a later date.

For right now I'm enjoying just driving single player no real desire to actually race anything other than the clock, I've had enough competition in my life and just need the relaxation time. :D Nice being able to just sit in the seat and drive for 15-30minutes and then back to work.

Plan is to move it to my rec-room in my basement for it's new home. Right now though the rec-room is not finished but it will be moving this evening out of my shop.
Bruce

Who . . . me? I stayed at a Holiday in Express . . .
Hotz

Post by Hotz »

Brucepts wrote:
Tony wrote:I just sit in the bath, with my pretend steering wheel, and make Vroooommmm Vrooooommmm noises.
As long as the "exhaust" doesn't bubble!!! :o

Hello Bruce.
you do not let anything pass :lol:
Brucepts
Site Admin

Post by Brucepts »

This project was a little present for myself for all the aggravation for a VA claim I've been fighting with since 2003. I won (if you can call it that) part of my claim and had some back-pay coming, I'm still waiting to hear on the rest of my claim.

This project is replacing my pulling tractor hobby that I can no longer enjoy due to medical conditions.
Bruce

jfholm

Post by jfholm »

Bruce,
I saw a seat setup similar to yours on Amazon for $400. You did good. It looks like you made yours as it is much sturdier than the one on Amazon. I am getting my wheel setup tonight. It has been collecting dust.

John
Hotz

Post by Hotz »

hi I would like question old time! you play small car (bearing)

understand my question? :)
Brucepts
Site Admin

Post by Brucepts »

Messing around with converting videos from my racing sim, thought I'd show you all my other addiction!!
Toban Raceway Park Long HOT LAP.mp4
Can't afford a real racing car so this is the closest I'll come . . . no critiquing my driving skills!! :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Bruce