Valve and seat grinding equipment

A place to talk about things that do not fit into any other forum, only members may post to keep out the SPAM
coulterracn

Re: Valve and seat grinding equipment

Post by coulterracn »

I think mine might be a Model 6024, I'll have to check. Here is a picture for reference. Doesn't get used much.

My Flowbench is better than their's
quartermaster

Post by quartermaster »

Hi Eagle Eye There are two set ups that I am looking at they are a bit of a drive away (5 to 6 hours) but what the heck. One of them is a 6024 and is in extremely good condition , it doesn't look like there is a scratch on it for 1000.00 The other is a 645 and it looks like it just came out of a machine shop (used cond.) and it is 500.00. Decisions, decisions Whats a guy to do? By the way both of the valve grinders look very similar, the 645 has a built in motor cover and two oil cooling lines. The 6024 has the grinder motor exposed and one flexible oil line. They both appear to be of similar age although I doubt they are. Quartermaster
Darcy R

Post by Darcy R »

Both those prices sound in the reasonable range. You should consider the tooling as well. The valve grinder is less than half of the job. The seat tooling is very important as well. Consider the size, quantity, and quality of the pilots, and stones as well, as that stuff really adds up if you plan to do a variety of work.
If you are a racer, that just wants to do your own stuff, then you'd likely buy one or two new pilots for your application, as well as specific stones. You'd like to own at least 3 stone holders, and one of those
(your 45) should be in mint condition.

Darcy
quartermaster

Post by quartermaster »

Hi Guys Just a clarification... the prices I mentioned is for a valve grinder, seat grinder wth some pilots, stones and stone dressers. Supposed to be complete setups in both cases. Quartermaster
Brucepts
Site Admin

Post by Brucepts »

I just looked at mine and it's a 655 and I have a B&D seat grinding set . . . paid $200 for the set around ~15 years ago
Bruce

Who . . . me? I stayed at a Holiday in Express . . .
jfholm

Post by jfholm »

This place seems to be very reasonable for parts as in stone prices, pilots, stone holders etc. They seem very reasonable.

http://www.beamequipment.com/

John