back!

A place to talk about things that do not fit into any other forum, only members may post to keep out the SPAM
unforgiven

back!

Post by unforgiven »

i'm back....hi all...i got my pts bench done and working on a real project but one day in feb disaster struck....i had a major stroke and barely escaped death,,,,got paralized on my left side for awhile,,,,its been a super long recovery and i'm not back to work yet and i may never, but i'm on my feet working on a 2 bbl chevy dirt project,,,,from airfilter to tailpipe overhaul,,,,,i am asking for some help please on the carb,,,what i'd like to do is check and see how much " signal" i'm getting at the boosters,,, i assume flow the carb at a consitent flow n measure the pressure at the booster supply orifice..but how? what instrument? advice please?
thank you,
Larry
UnForGiven aka Larry
jfholm

Re: back!

Post by jfholm »

First Larry I am sorry to hear what you have had to go through, hang in there as we need you here. This forum is such a great support group on more than just the flowbench :D

Take a look at "Engine Airflow" by Harold Bettes. In chapter 10 "Flow Testing Carburetors, fuel injection and manifolds" page 113 may have the answer for you. Has a good bit on tuning a carb on the flowbench and has a chart you can use to chart test pressure vs. booster pressure. May be what you need. You can get it from Amazon.com if you don't have it already. http://www.amazon.com/Engine-Airflow-HP ... old+bettes

Get well and just keep going even if it is slow. Don't quit. :)

John
Brucepts
Site Admin

Post by Brucepts »

Welcome back !!
Bruce

Who . . . me? I stayed at a Holiday in Express . . .
unforgiven

Post by unforgiven »

thanxs! i have that book,,,i dont remember the carb part, probably because i was into electronic fuel injection at that time...kinda neat deal i get to tinker with....basic holly 2 bbl with 1 3/8 venturi's
checked with a go - no go guage,,,,not much else to contend with for rules...any iron head, no restrictive rules really, just iron ...open exhaust..have nice headers already....howe merge 8 - 4- 2 - 1 system
UnForGiven aka Larry