Bore adaptors

Discussion on general flowbench design
Hotz

Re: Bore adaptors

Post by Hotz »

That's a start.
I believe that PTS adapter have to be better other words ** ** evolving.
Have height adjustable hole for each stroke.
Sorry my english mistakes.
PTS Parts>> http://www.flowbenchtech.com/store.html
Brucepts
Site Admin

Post by Brucepts »

Somewhere on the old forum is a drawing with dimensions of an adaptor.

I think I have a drawing I made up somewhere on my computer . . . let me look, just rolled out of bed :o
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Brucepts on Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: That was quick . . . found it
Bruce

Who . . . me? I stayed at a Holiday in Express . . .
Hotz

Post by Hotz »

The question is;
To best simulate good analysis measures the cylinder?
for each cylinder head having a plate adaptation or indifferent.

In my view if we default block measures (course and diameter) have results over the next reality flow in the engine (theoretical course)

If my thinking is correct we must include the thickness of the MDF flowbanch.

what do you think?

ps: Bruce already done the plan is only to make and sell aluminum in foil of,
Brucepts
Site Admin

Post by Brucepts »

I posted my drawing so all could benefit from the design and modify it to what they need.

It is not posted so I or anyone else can use it to make and sell bore adapters based on what we discuss here on the forum. I think it should be a collective project for all on this forum to use for their own purpose.
Bruce

Who . . . me? I stayed at a Holiday in Express . . .
Hotz

Post by Hotz »

Bruce his words are consistent, this forum is to exchange information, its position is perfect.

But I also believe that you can sell at good prices these pieces for guys who do not have the knowledge to manufacture with quality or time for that..
Sean

Post by Sean »

Well I started this the other day, cut up some 15mm thick Perspex, I cut 4 bits 500mm x 220mm. The first pair I'm making are having the bore hole offset to 1 side because it will be for inline six cylinder heads so I was thinking of weight support while testing the first 3 cylinders, then I can spin the adaptor around to support the head while testing number 4 to 6 cylinders. The next pair will have the bore in the centre for V8/4cyl heads.

So here are some pics, first is just the 2 pieces of Perspex with the bore holes cut in them, the holes are 110mm in diameter and fit the PVC tube in them with a tiny bit of play so I'm hoping that that the epoxy will just fill the gap when I glue it in.
Then I just used a orifice plate to mark out the mounting holes for the adaptor, then just bolted it down to make sure everything lined up, which it did.

Cut 6 pieces of ally tube for the supports in between the 2 bits of Perspex, these are 72mm long

Measured, drilled and countersunk all the support mounting holes, the top countersink is 16mm in diameter which is big enough for the bolt head to sit in, the bottom plate countersink is 20mm in diameter so big enough for the nut and a socket to fit to tighten it up. Both the bolt head and nut sit 1mm below the surface so not to interfear with mounting the head or bolting it to the deck plate.

Then some pics of it put together, next is to glue the pvc pipe in then start the V8 adaptor, then to make inserts for different bore sizes. Hope you guys like it.
Cheers
Sean

Hotz

Post by Hotz »

great job :geek:
Old Grey

Post by Old Grey »

Stumper wrote:Well I started this the other day, cut up some 15mm thick Perspex, I cut 4 bits 500mm x 220mm. The first pair I'm making are having the bore hole offset to 1 side because it will be for inline six cylinder heads so I was thinking of weight support while testing the first 3 cylinders, then I can spin the adaptor around to support the head while testing number 4 to 6 cylinders. The next pair will have the bore in the centre for V8/4cyl heads.
Holden?, I know a bit about them.

Sean

Post by Sean »

Mainly Ford crossflow mate, I will look at the holden heads as well. That's a nice setup in the at pic.
Old Grey

Post by Old Grey »

The old Crossflow, we did our first in 1992. They made a lot of slight changes over the years, and from memory there is 6 different types - mainly different chambers -.

I was down the old shop, and the guys are doing one now.