Laptop + ELM327 + MAF = Flowbench?

Discussion on general flowbench design
jimbo39

Re: Laptop + ELM327 + MAF = Flowbench?

Post by jimbo39 »

Brucepts wrote:Bottom of this page:

http://www.flowbenchtech.com/plans.html

My shopping cart does not allow you to make a direct purchase at this time sorry about that

Thanks alot bruce. just ordered :D
1960FL

Post by 1960FL »

Jim,

FYI this is not some sales promo here none of us care what you build or do we just don't want you to spend time making the same mistakes we did. Me i was building a 100" 100CFm 16 motor monster when i found the forum and learned i was much better off building something i could use tomarrow not in 5 years.

I have a thead on my basic build it http://www.flowbenchtech.com/forum/view ... ?f=8&t=565
This is a no crap bench i built using Ebay motors at $5 us each, i am on to build another this winter to see if i can do better.

If funds are tight build the PTS bench with water guages until you understand the math it will serv you well in the long run ;) you will understand the bench and the math and that leads to better heads.

JMO

RIck
Tony

Post by Tony »

Yup, try and find another automotive forum anywhere on the internet that is not infested with intrusive advertising and garish pop up boxes trying to flog all sorts of mindless crap.
None of that here...

We are a bunch of enthusiasts, just like yourself, interested in helping each other and contributing whatever each of us can to other Forum Members and the art and science of Flow Benching.

What we have achieved here as combined group has been truly remarkable by any standard.
If you go back over many posts spanning many many years, you will see how it has all gradually come together.

Ideas are discussed, tested and refined, and that is still going on.
The Flow Bench plans are the result of the ideas and input from a great many different people, but Bruce is the one that has tied all the loose ends together and done all the hard work, including running this Forum.

Another thing that is quite unique about this Forum is how very well behaved it is.
And it has always been that way, you never hear a harsh word here.
Also known as the infamous "Warpspeed" on some other Forums.
jimbo39

Post by jimbo39 »

Thanks guys. I didn't for a moment think I was being pressured into buying the plans. I asked a question and got an answer. I'd rather see a truthful response than go through all the trouble of building it for it to fail. That's why I came here in the first place :)

BTW I've put a thread in the plans discussion area :) with another question ;)
larrycavan

Post by larrycavan »

Tony wrote: Another thing that is quite unique about this Forum is how very well behaved it is.
And it has always been that way, you never hear a harsh word here.
A very rare thing to find these days :)

Jim,

There's an application called Torque that works with the ELM device. I have it on my phone. It will give you information that you may be able to translate back to your flowbench testing. I would have tried to use it for that purpose myself but I do motorcycle heads. Between the Torque app and the ELM I have less than $40 invested.

Good luck with your new bench.

Larry C
Larry C

http://www.cavanaughracing.com